Nationwide IT Services is looking for an analytical, results-driven back-end developer who will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current back-end applications and processes for the U.S. Geological Survey(USGS), Water Mission Area (WMA) Enterprise Technology Office (ETO). The Back-end Developer must have experience using modern, open source software to prototype and deploy backend web applications, including all aspects of server-side processing, data storage, and integration with front end development. You should have excellent communication, computer, and project management skills.
To succeed as a backend developer, you should be focused on building a better, more efficient program and creating a better end-user experience. You should be knowledgeable, collaborative, and motivated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Web development using open-source web programming languages (e.g., Java, Python) and frameworks (e.g., Django, Spring)
- Developing and consuming web-based, RESTful APIs
- Using and working in team environments that use agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Lean)
- Authoring developer-friendly documentation (e.g., API documentation, deployment operations)
- Experience developing applications through Test-driven development processes; use of version control systems, specifically Git and GitLab
- Quickly researching and learning new programming tools and techniques
- Experience with Scalable search technology (e.g. ElasticSearch, Solr)
- Experience Handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage; working with relational and non-relational database systems
- Using and working with open source solutions and community
- Communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
About Nationwide IT Services
- Degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
- 5-10 years Development experience, with most of that working in Development Teams
- Fluency or understanding of specific languages, such as Java, PHP, or Python, and operating systems may be required.
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Clearly communicates and works with stakeholders at every level
- Designs and develops continuous integration/continuous deploy workflows
- Researches and implements data-as-code technologies
- Defines and configures unit and integration testing platforms to ensure code correctness between releases
- Ensures the rigorous application of defined information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices to software products
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a group
NIS is an IT and Management consulting company, designated 8(a) by the SBA, and a CVE-verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. Our mission is to deliver value-added services to our customers, leveraging technology, people, and industry best practices to implement innovative solutions through our trusted employees and team members.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid holidays, PTO (sick/vacation), commuter benefits, employee assistance program (EAP) and educational reimbursement.
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability or protected veteran status.
COVID-19 Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Nationwide IT Services (NIS) vaccination policy. All NIS employees must be fully vaccinated, and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over NIS' vaccination policy.