Nationwide IT Services is seeking candidates to support the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). NIS is establishing and maintaining a CI/CD pipeline for application services. We are hiring a DevOps Engineer in order to provide the infrastructure, hosting and tooling to support our industry-leading team. The DevOps Engineer will report to the Project Manager and work closely with the Scrum Master and other developers to effectively design, develop and implement solutions using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The role will focus on improving the flow of information across many programs and disciplines, including the design and support of information management and delivery systems, geographic information systems (GIS) and remote sensing applications. The DevOps Engineer will ensure that system infrastructure is fully operational, compliant, secured, and optimized and that deployment of developed software is optimized, orchestrated, monitored, secured and analyzed. Deployments will be automated utilizing continuous integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins and GitLab CI/CD. Software is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) instances. Provisioning is performed using infrastructure as code technologies including CloudFormation and/or the AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK). Containerized applications are deployed to internal servers via Docker Swarm, and via Elastic Container Service (ECS) in the AWS VPCs.
- 3.5 - 7 years of DevOps experience involving large/complex enterprise projects / teams, ideally including multisite / ‘many sites’ projects.
Experience with the following tools/technologies:
- Linux fundamentals (We use RedHat/CentOS and plan to use Ubuntu)
- Apache HTTPD or NGINX
- Apache Tomcat 9.x
- BASH/Python scripting
- MySQL or MariaDB database
- Automation technologies (Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
- PostgreSQL database o Tuning and installation o Basic maintenance and patching
- Java/OpenJDK o Java certificate management
- Cloud Foundations o CloudFormation Scripts o RDS database technologies o EC2 o S3 o EBS
- Great analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and support multiple tasks/activities
- Familiarity/experience with software development methodologies and best practices such as Waterfall and Agile/Scrum
- Must be US Citizen or Authorized to Work in the United States.
- Ability to obtain and retain a Public Trust clearance
- AWS and/or other certifications highly preferred
- ElasticSearch or similar search and analytics engine
- MongoDB or similar NoSQL database
- Advanced Cloud technologies such as Elastic Container Registry, Load Balancers, CDK, Deployments, EFS and Auto Scaling
- In-depth application troubleshooting from end-user to server
The salary range shown is a general guideline only. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's experience, qualifications, and work location. The range listed is just one component of Nationwide IT Services total compensation package for employees.
About Nationwide IT Services
NIS is an IT and Management consulting company, designated 8(a) by the SBA, and a CVE-verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. Our mission is to deliver value-added services to our customers, leveraging technology, people, and industry best practices to implement innovative solutions through our trusted employees and team members.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid holidays, PTO (sick/vacation), commuter benefits, employee assistance program (EAP) and educational reimbursement.
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability or protected veteran status.
COVID-19 Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Nationwide IT Services (NIS) vaccination policy. All NIS employees must be fully vaccinated, and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over NIS' vaccination policy.