Nationwide IT Services (NIS) is looking for a Research Assistant III to support the Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Science and Medicine (OSM) in obtaining highly skilled personnel to support identified gaps in health communications and research critical to support the above-described activity. The candidate will support the efforts of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health for Science and Medicine (Long COVID Activity Lead), as well as OSM leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in analysis, research, and development activities for Long COVID activities and provide administrative support to the OSM
- Uses established mathematical and scientific techniques to compile, access, and analyze data to identify research gaps in understanding of Long COVID.
- Writes and orchestrates the writing of technical and other professional reports detailing procedures, outcomes, and observations, gathering input from across USG experts.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks (e.g., public health writing, manuscript development, epidemiologic data analysis, evaluation metric development) related to public health concerning development of the Research Agenda and Implementation Plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- Ability to obtain and retain a Public Trust clearance
The salary range shown is a general guideline only. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's experience, qualifications, and work location. The range listed is just one component of Nationwide IT Services total compensation package for employees.
About Nationwide IT Services
NIS is an IT and Management consulting company, designated 8(a) by the SBA, and a CVE-verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. Our mission is to deliver value-added services to our customers, leveraging technology, people, and industry best practices to implement innovative solutions through our trusted employees and team members.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid holidays, PTO (sick/vacation), commuter benefits, employee assistance program (EAP) and educational reimbursement.
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability or protected veteran status.
COVID-19 Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Nationwide IT Services (NIS) vaccination policy. All NIS employees must be fully vaccinated, and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement by contacting email@example.com and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over NIS' vaccination policy.