Nationwide IT Services (NIS) is seeking a Drupal Developer to support all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from requirements analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance. This developer will assist with developing web sites that will function in all major browsers and provide timely support on development tasks and other related deliverables.
The ideal candidate will have expertise with PHP development and be proficient with Drupal CMS development, including custom modules. Drupal certifications are desired but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Solving deep technical problems and building innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working with intelligent and passionate colleagues
- Participating in the overarching solution by working closely with other software engineers, product owners, and additional stakeholders
- Practice Agile development methods and exemplify the core values of transparency, collaboration, acceptance of change, and iterative development
- Develop, test, document, and maintain cutting edge Drupal-based web solutions
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Routinely deliver working software solutions that meet story acceptance criteria.
- Create documentation around processes including deployments, solution audits, data and content migrations, and systems integrations
- Create and maintain standards, practices, and supporting tools to ensure teams provide a consistent level of service
- Facilitate technical conflict resolution with active listening and critical thinking
- Integrate with third-party systems by building web services, providers and designing APIs
- Design, build and support data processing
- Ability to create Drupal modules to solve problems
- 5+ years of experience with PHP development with an understanding of current idiomatic design
- 5+ years of experience with Drupal CMS development, including custom modules
- Proficiency with CSS and preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Proficient understanding of 508 Compliance
- Proficient knowledge of containers technologies such as DDEV and Docker
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative Agile team
- Demonstrated aptitude and desire to learn new skills and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
- Ability to obtain and retain a Public Trust clearance
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools to crop, resize, or perform minor adjustments on an image
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- UI/UX understanding to make some minor adjustments to deliver finished resources.
- Experience with Drupal Themes and Plugin Customization and Modification
The salary range shown is a general guideline only. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's experience, qualifications, and work location. The range listed is just one component of Nationwide IT Services total compensation package for employees.
About Nationwide IT Services
NIS is an IT and Management consulting company, designated 8(a) by the SBA, and a CVE-verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. Our mission is to deliver value-added services to our customers, leveraging technology, people, and industry best practices to implement innovative solutions through our trusted employees and team members.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid holidays, PTO (sick/vacation), commuter benefits, employee assistance program (EAP) and educational reimbursement.
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability or protected veteran status.
COVID-19 Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Nationwide IT Services (NIS) vaccination policy. All NIS employees must be fully vaccinated, and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over NIS' vaccination policy.