Nationwide IT Services (NIS) is seeking a Database Architect to support a new task order on our flagship contract with a time-sensitive deadline for completion. The ideal candidate will be experienced with database migrations from Oracle to SQL Server and have knowledge/expertise with SAP tools/technologies. The Database Architect will report to the Program Manager and provide regular updates on project status/issues/risks.
• Work with stakeholders and other technical support staff to plan, document, and execute a formal migration plan
• Serve as subject matter expert and provide guidance to stakeholders on migration efforts, best practices and adherence to SAP methodologies and tools
• Perform migration of all identified Oracle databases to SQL Server in a timely manner
• Conduct testing of all databases post-migration to ensure all business processes are operational and work as expected
• Complete patching of all databases post-migration to ensure all vulnerability scans performed results in no issues/vulnerabilities found
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
• 8-10 years of experience with Oracle and SQL Server database including setup/configuration, administration, and migration from Oracle to SQL Server as well as database infrastructure, overall system lifecycle, design, database migration (preferably Oracle 19c databases to MS SQL 2019), performance tuning, index maintenance and optimization
• 8-10 years of experience with SAP and related products/tools/technologies
• Experience with SAP tools - SAP SUM with DMO and Netweaver 7.0
• Infrastructure build and database troubleshooting experience
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Must be US Citizen or Authorized to Work in the United States.
• Ability to obtain and retain a Public Trust clearance
• Experience using 3rd party tools to automate and monitor migration between different database providers is preferred but not required
• MCTS/MCSA SQL certification preferred but not required
About Nationwide IT Services
NIS is an IT and Management consulting company, designated 8(a) by the SBA, and a CVE-verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. Our mission is to deliver value-added services to our customers, leveraging technology, people, and industry best practices to implement innovative solutions through our trusted employees and team members.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid holidays, PTO (sick/vacation), commuter benefits, employee assistance program (EAP) and educational reimbursement.
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability or protected veteran status.