The candidate will support the Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (OASH) in obtaining a highly skilled person to manage a large team of professionals in providing a wide range of services, and managing assigned projects within scope and budget. The candidate will also provide operational support of OASH's Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and prioritize core recommendations in the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NASEM) SCD report.
- Coordinate and convene a Federal Interagency workgroup for addressing
- priority recommendations in the NASEM SCD report.
- Develop implementation strategies and short and long term work plans for each priority recommendations.
- Create and help coordinate subgroups, task forces, and/or other mechanisms, as appropriate, for accelerating progress on specific recommendations.
- Convene meetings with external SCD collaborators/partners, including but not limited to, individuals living with SCD, SCD advocacy organizations, industry, academia, and non HHS agencies.
- Assist in documenting progress, milestones, and core achievements, and reporting such findings to OASH leadership, the Federal Interagency workgroup, and other key stakeholders.
- Develop an overarching strategy and workplan for recruiting rotating SCD clinicians/researchers via the Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA) to support the OASH SCD portfolio.
- Develop a strategy for SCD educational and awareness opportunities in collaboration with the OASH Regional Offices.
- Works with the Program Office to identify and resolve complex problems
- Has responsibility for several projects, simultaneously.
About Nationwide IT Services
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- 10 - 15 years relevant SCD expertise/experience
- Must be able to lead and manage teams
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Must be able to handle multiple projects
- Ability to obtain and retain a Public Trust clearance
NIS is an IT and Management consulting company, designated 8(a) by the SBA, and a CVE-verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. Our mission is to deliver value-added services to our customers, leveraging technology, people, and industry best practices to implement innovative solutions through our trusted employees and team members.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid holidays, PTO (sick/vacation), commuter benefits, employee assistance program (EAP) and educational reimbursement.
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability or protected veteran status.