Junior System Administrator
Nationwide IT Services is seeking candidates to support the Navy Medicine Operational Training Command (NMOTC). The Junior Systems Administrator is responsible for providing exceptional technical support to our customers. Duties include responding to help desk tickets, diagnosing and resolving various technical issues, ticket escalation, support of hardware, software, operating systems, general day to day helpdesk services, and other tasks as assigned. Teamwork, excellent communication skills, a strong attention to detail, and a solid technical foundation are a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support services to staff and students during core business hours and classroom training.
- Provide real-time support services for local non-enterprise software application systems.
- Provide Tier 2 desktop break/fix support and ensure incident resolution process is effectively executed by user submission.
- Ensure incident response time is less than 30 min to assess the issue, less than 8 hours to contact staff member for resolution and ensure all reporting is successfully completed.
- Troubleshoot print and scan capability functions of networked print units.
- Assist users in gaining access to remote access applications, install required software, train users and resolve technical issues.
- Assist command equipment specialists with annual inventory of all IT assets, follow local DRMO procedures for end of life equipment IAW with security and disposal regulations.
- Perform image upgrades for all Microsoft Windows operating systems versions.
- Perform onsite support of workstation/laptop/tablet installation and classroom equipment setup.
- Provide desktop support and manage the break/fix process to resolve technical issues.
- Apply IT hardware and software management principles, methods and procedures for troubleshooting issues, email account management, audio/video/web teleconferencing capabilities and smart phone technology.
- Work with all levels of personnel to troubleshoot technical issues and provide general technical assistance.
About Nationwide IT Services
- 1-3 years of experience or BS in Computer Science
- Required CompTIA Security + ce or DoD 8570 IAT LVL II Certification can substitute.
- Top Secret Clearance
NIS is an IT and Management consulting company, designated 8(a) by the SBA, and a CVE-verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. Our mission is to deliver value-added services to our customers, leveraging technology, people, and industry best practices to implement innovative solutions through our trusted employees and team members.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid holidays, PTO (sick/vacation), commuter benefits, employee assistance program (EAP) and educational reimbursement.
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability or protected veteran status.