Physical Security Engineer
Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance Required
Nationwide IT Services is seeking a Physical Security Specialist to support our Federal Client in Washington DC. This role will support the Department of Energy and must have Active Top Secret clearance with an SCI Clearance eligibility. This role to Support the operations and maintenance (O&M) and enhancement of the Access Control System (ACS) of classified areas.
- Support the operations and maintenance (O&M) and enhancement of the Access Control System (ACS) of classified areas.
- Daily use of Accessit application and components
- Provide inspections of the ACS and Closed-Circuit Televisions (CCTV) Maintenance and troubleshooting
- Provide subject matter expertise on ACS equipment and coordinate support with vendors.
- Perform upgrades on access control hardware and software when needed.
- Provide physical alterations support for additions and enhancements to SCIFs and other Restricted Office Areas.
- Installation of badge printers and drivers.
- Maintenance and replacement of broken equipment including X series and Cipher locks
- Mercury board trouble shooting, installation, programming.
- Complete audits on IC badges.
- Minimum 2 years’ of related experience.
- Experience with AccessIt, troubleshooting application system and components
- Access control software RS2 access control
- Ability to maintain access control systems, perform upgrades on hardware and software.
- Ability to reprogram keyboards
- Ability to install Badge printers and install drivers.
- Ability to perform HID Reader Installation and trouble shoot problems.
- Ability to perform Mercury Board troubleshooting, installation, programming.
- Experience with Locksmithing/ Installing hardware or troubleshooting; X series and Cipher Locks; Combo Changes.
- Ability to complete audits on IC badges
- Capable of reading blueprints and mapping out access control for SCIFs.
- ICD 705 certification a plus
About Nationwide IT Services
NIS is an IT and Management consulting company, designated 8(a) by the SBA, and a CVE-verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. Our mission is to deliver value-added services to our customers, leveraging technology, people, and industry best practices to implement innovative solutions through our trusted employees and team members.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid holidays, PTO (sick/vacation), commuter benefits, employee assistance program (EAP) and educational reimbursement.
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability or protected veteran status.