Nationwide IT Services is seeking candidates to support the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). NIS is establishing an Open Source & Drupal Center of Excellence (CoE), focused on delivering unmatched expert open source and Drupal/Acquia development services. We are hiring a Drupal DevOps Engineer in order to provide the infrastructure, hosting and tooling to support our industry-leading Drupal team. If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is a unique chance to get in on the ‘ground floor’ of a compelling opportunity at the intersection of Drupal, DevOps, open source, and government/public service. We have a very strong Drupal team with dozens of Acquia Drupal certifications, multiple leading contributors and almost 200 combined years Drupal experience.
In addition to fostering open source contribution by our team members, as an organization we provide financial support to open source organization and events. We have a particular interest in supporting Drupal and open source initiatives that can improve in delivery of government services, as well as cost/time efficiencies through re-usable open source code, standards and best practices. We believe that through the collaboration of our team, customers, and open source communities, we can collectively deliver better results for the taxpayers, constituents that the public we all serve.
Duties and Responsibilities:
We are expanding our Drupal DevOps team in order to support our Drupal practice working on some of the industry’s largest Drupal gov projects. The Drupal DevOps Engineer role will involve the following skills/work:
- Git/SCM: Strong git skills and understanding of git workflows with substantial experience with source code management platforms (such as GitHub and Gitlab), in order to implement GitOps and git-driven pipelines.
- Drupal Configuration Management: Extensive Drupal configuration management work, including automated deployment/synchronization, config split; occasional Drupal install profile default content work.
- TDD & CI/CD: Supporting A Test-Driven Development (TDD) team with, continuous integration/deployment workflows (CI/CD), including artifact-base development/deployment. Bonus for experience using Drupal Test Traits (DTT).
- Containers: Architecting and configurating containerized applications; particularly with Docker, and common local Drupal development tools such as Lando, Docksal, DDev Docker for Drupal, and DrupalVM.
- Orchestration (CI/CD): Architecting, configuring and managing both manual and continuous integration, with Kubernetes, GitLab CI, Jenkins, Ansible, and occasionally Chef or Puppet.
- Development Workflow: Architecting, documenting and helping implement local development setup and workflows (QA/UAT, Dev/Test/Prod) for project teams (primarily GitLab, Docker and K8S).
- DB: Configuration and management of common Drupal databases, including MySQL, MariaDB, Aurora/RDS; bonus for Postgres experience (particularly associated with Atlassian, Jira and Confluence configuration/management).
- OS & Web Servers: General systems administration (Linux/Ubuntu) and web server setup / administration (Apache, NGINX, Proxy Servers).
- AWS: Administering multiple AWS-based services, including Lamba, EC2, EBS, ELB, RDS, S3, Route53, EKS, IAM, KMS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and Cloud Formation.
- Acquia & Other Hosting Platforms: Extensive work with Acquia (ACE & ACSF), and also with other platform providers, such as Patheon (Multidev & Upstreams), Azure DevOps, Google Cloud Platform (GCP/GKE), CentOS.
- Caching: Configuration of common caching strategies and tools related to Drupal, including Big Pipe, open-source options (Varnish, Memcached, Redis) and major platforms (Akami, Cloudflare).
- Security: Architecting and configuring SecOps, including SSL (LE/certbot and other providers), SSH (OpenSSH, Bastillion), and secrets management (Vault), firewalls.
- Performance: Integration and managing tooling for performance tuning (New Relic) and load testing (Gatling, Artillery, Loader).
- Other: Other general devops and systems administration tasks, such as cron, logging / log streaming, search (Solr, Elastic Search), SecOps (not required, but beneficial), and release management.
- Must be US Citizen or Authorized to Work in the United States.
- Must be able to attain/maintain Public Trust clearance (bonus for pre-existing clearances).
- 3.5 to 7 years’ experience with Drupal 7/8/9 DevOps involving large/complex enterprise Drupal projects / teams, ideally including multisite / ‘many sites’ projects.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or comparable degree/enterprise work experience desired.
- AWS and/or Acquia Drupal 8 & 9 certifications highly preferred
The salary range shown is a general guideline only. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's experience, qualifications, and work location. The range listed is just one component of Nationwide IT Services total compensation package for employees.
About Nationwide IT Services
NIS is an IT and Management consulting company, designated 8(a) by the SBA, and a CVE-verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. Our mission is to deliver value-added services to our customers, leveraging technology, people, and industry best practices to implement innovative solutions through our trusted employees and team members.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid holidays, PTO (sick/vacation), commuter benefits, employee assistance program (EAP) and educational reimbursement.
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability or protected veteran status.
COVID-19 Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Nationwide IT Services (NIS) vaccination policy. All NIS employees must be fully vaccinated, and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement by contacting email@example.com
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over NIS' vaccination policy.