Nationwide IT Services (NIS) is seeking an experience Software Developer to support a new task on its flagship contract. The ideal candidate will be proficient with programming languages such as Java, Perl, Python and PHP as well as have excellent front-end/user interface design skills. The Software Developer will have experience working in Linux (CentOS and Red Hat) environments and also experience with source code management and version control tools such as SVN and Git. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in various databases such as Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL. The Software Developer will report to the Program Manager and provide weekly reports/updates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and learn existing code bases to maintain, modify, extend and write new code
- Interface with existing MySQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL databases
- Review and learn existing scripts to modify, extend, and write new scripts to establish and streamline software operations.
- Maintain and operate 24/7 software
- Use and maintain the appropriate branches of the SVN and Gitlab code repositories, including checking in new code, merging new code into the master branch, and testing code with unit/system tests.
- Generate documentation in the appropriate wikis to complement code modifications and developments, and provide user documentation for software operation. Participate in relevant meetings with customers and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of direct professional experience in software development Excellent Java and Python programming experience.
- The contractor will be expected to generate quality new code and provide prompt bug fixes to existing code.
- Excellent web user interface creation and design skills.
- Good programming experience in Java, Perl, Python, and PHP; enough to read and understand pre-existing code bases and develop new code as needed.
- Good scripting skills.
- Experience working in Linux (CentOS and Red Hat) environments.
- Experience with source code management and version control in SVN and Git. Experience with databases, especially relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, and PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with messaging systems such as ActiveMQ.
- Experience with full stack web development, including both front-end and back-end. Experience with user interface design.
- Ability to learn new programming languages as needed.
The salary range shown is a general guideline only. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's experience, qualifications, and work location. The range listed is just one component of Nationwide IT Services total compensation package for employees.
About Nationwide IT Services
NIS is an IT and Management consulting company, designated 8(a) by the SBA, and a CVE-verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. Our mission is to deliver value-added services to our customers, leveraging technology, people, and industry best practices to implement innovative solutions through our trusted employees and team members.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid holidays, PTO (sick/vacation), commuter benefits, employee assistance program (EAP) and educational reimbursement.
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability or protected veteran status.
COVID-19 Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Nationwide IT Services (NIS) vaccination policy. All NIS employees must be fully vaccinated, and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement by contacting email@example.com
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over NIS' vaccination policy.