Help Desk Technician
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. (NIS) is in search of a Helpdesk Technician to join our team supporting the Navy Medicine Operational Training Command (NMOTC).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Tier 2 desktop support to ensure incident resolution process is effectively executed by resolving helpdesk tickets submitted by users via Remedy (the DHA helpdesk ticketing system) to track progress and document final resolution Investigate and document technical malfunctions to determine cause, define the problem and initiate corrective action
- Ensure incident response time is less than 30 min to assess the issue, less than 8 hours to contact staff member for resolution, all reporting is successfully completed and Remedy documented in the ticket notes section
- Troubleshoot printing and scanning function capabilities in the command Assist users in gaining access to remote access applications, install required software, train users and resolve technical issues
- Perform inventories of all NMOTCENT IT assets and provide all tracking documentation to the Business Services team and properly dispose of IT assets IAW with all security and disposal regulations
- Prepare and maintain supporting documentation for all business practices and procedures
- Troubleshoot technical issues during deployment of all Microsoft Windows operating system upgrades
- Perform onsite support of workstation/laptop/tablet installation and setup of all classroom equipment
- Provide desktop support and manage the break/fix process to resolve technical issues
About Nationwide IT Services
- Active Secret clearance to serve a Federal Client
- Security +CE
- Bachelors degree preferred 3 years of DoD industry experience or 5 years of general IT support
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and set priorities
- Flexibility and strong organizational and time management skills Ability to multi-task, ability to work individually and with a team
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy
NIS is an IT and Management consulting company, designated 8(a) by the SBA, and a CVE-verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. Our mission is to deliver value-added services to our customers, leveraging technology, people, and industry best practices to implement innovative solutions through our trusted employees and team members.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid holidays, PTO (sick/vacation), commuter benefits, employee assistance program (EAP) and educational reimbursement.
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability or protected veteran status.