Nationwide IT Services, Inc. (NIS) is in search of an Application Developer to join our team for a our contract supporting the Navy Medicine Operational Training Command (NMOTC).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide application development and management for all NMOTC Applications.
- Assist customers in identifying and documenting functional requirements
- Maintain database support to correct and update database contents and configuration for NMOTC applications
- Design all system architecture including object relational models, entity relationship diagrams, and UML
- Create and update internally developed applications that retrieve/archive information from databases for medical information processing status
- Develop object definitions and architecture of web-based applications, interfaces and services
- Apply principles of object oriented programming and rapid application development
- Develop and enhance database applications utilizing open database connectivity to retrieve, manage, and store data in relational databases
- Perform testing and quality control activities to validate application development to include user training, and alpha/beta test management
- Deploy application in command, provide user training, perform administrative tasks for application
- Design, implement and maintain various web based applications and databases Leverage existing technology and implement state of the art development when applicable to apply current principles of knowledge management and portal management technology
- Apply object definitions and designing architecture for web-based applications Obtain and document functional requirements from customers
- Provide effective communication and customer service skills
- Utilize Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0, Microsoft MVC, SQL Server 2016, and Visual Studio 2010 software developmental and web design tools in application development
- Apply system design, development, and testing phases for application development Format web content files
- Assist Information Assurance Manager with application development security and compliance
- Apply Internet security principles and protocols such as secure socket layers and encryption
- Apply database management and internet design principles and methods Understand DoD and Navy IT security methods to maintain integrity of web servers
- Degree in computer science related field or have a minimum of 3 years related experience.
- Secret Level Security Clearance
- DoD IAT Level II Certification (Security+ ce, SSCP, CySA+, GICSP, or GSEC)
*Must live within 3 hours of driving distance from the work site. This position is fully remote but must be able to travel to the work site as needed, advance notice will be provided when needed on site.
The salary range shown is a general guideline only. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's experience, qualifications, and work location. The range listed is just one component of Nationwide IT Services total compensation package for employees.
About Nationwide IT Services
NIS is an IT and Management consulting company, designated 8(a) by the SBA, and a CVE-verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. Our mission is to deliver value-added services to our customers, leveraging technology, people, and industry best practices to implement innovative solutions through our trusted employees and team members.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid holidays, PTO (sick/vacation), commuter benefits, employee assistance program (EAP) and educational reimbursement.
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability or protected veteran status.
COVID-19 Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Nationwide IT Services (NIS) vaccination policy. All NIS employees must be fully vaccinated, and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement by contacting email@example.com
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over NIS' vaccination policy.