NIS is seeking Technical Writers to support our GWAC proposal Center. As a Technical Writer you’ll work with solution architects and subject matter experts (SMEs) to create compliant and compelling responses to RFPs. Engage with employees and management at all levels while expanding your skills for professional growth.**We are open to recent college graduates that have an English or Journalism degree that would like to learn the Government Contracting (GOVCON) industry.**
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides draft and final input to technical, management, past performance, or personnel sections of proposal volumes, working with subject matter experts (SMEs) to translate technical information into proposal text in response to RFP requirements.
- Major proposal support areas include past performance and resumes, with activities including interviewing subject matter experts, creating new text, and tailoring existing information to meet RFP requirements.
- Additional activities include review and editing of proposal sections and volumes, understanding and meeting the proposal schedule, working with other proposal and review team members, preparing documentation for formal reviews, and responding to direction from the proposal manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline. 1-3+ years related technical or proposal writing experience.
- Ability to work to and meet deadlines, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and work as part of a team.
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical staff to produce quality documents for delivery to a variety of clients.
- Must have analytical and reasoning and problem-solving skills. Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision or feedback.
- Ability to establish a solid working relationship with supported staff, managers and peers.
- Candidate must have demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
The salary range shown is a general guideline only. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's experience, qualifications, and work location. The range listed is just one component of Nationwide IT Services total compensation package for employees.
About Nationwide IT Services
NIS is an IT and Management consulting company, designated 8(a) by the SBA, and a CVE-verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. Our mission is to deliver value-added services to our customers, leveraging technology, people, and industry best practices to implement innovative solutions through our trusted employees and team members.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid holidays, PTO (sick/vacation), commuter benefits, employee assistance program (EAP) and educational reimbursement.
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability or protected veteran status.
COVID-19 Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Nationwide IT Services (NIS) vaccination policy. All NIS employees must be fully vaccinated, and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement by contacting email@example.com
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over NIS' vaccination policy.