** THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE **
Nationwide IT Services is looking for well-qualified Help Desk Support Technicians to support the US Army in Fort Detrick, MD. We are seeking a Help Desk Support Technician who can provide a high level of technical support in a very professional and customer friendly manner. The Technician shall provide technical help desk support including Tier I, II and III (PD2 only) sustainment support for various types of IT equipment, software, and peripheral equipment such as CPU’s, monitors, keyboards, mice, laptop/notebook computers, cell and “smartphones” and related equipment. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication and multitasking skills, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate operating system and application upgrades /patching, IAVA and vulnerability identification, mitigation, and elimination; creation and technical refresh for all end user devices.
- Install, monitor, troubleshoot, replace, and support, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), end user equipment (terminals, printers/printer consumables, Multi-function devices/multi-function device consumables, mobile devices, VTCs, scanners, VOIP phones, thin-clients, etc.), local and wide area networks, data storage systems, Active Directory, and other third-party software.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Tier II software and hardware problems. Tier I support provides remote support for various types of computer repairs, troubleshooting and hardware/software maintenance and/or initial evaluation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Tier II software and hardware problems. Tier II support requires the technician to visit the user’s desktop or printer for hands-on support for various types of computer repairs, troubleshooting and hardware/software maintenance. This includes conference and VTC support.
- Provide Tier III support consisting of troubleshooting complex issues and problems regarding PD2.
- Document, track and monitor the problem to ensure timely resolution.
- Respond to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Reassign or escalate incidents and requests to appropriate support level.
- Interact with network services, and/or applications/web development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Simulate or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommend systems modifications to reduce user problems.
- MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
- CompTIA Security+ required, MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) preferred
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in support of desk-side services
- Have a B.S. or Associates in IT or closely related field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 or newer (as required by Army/MEDCOM); Microsoft Office Suite (Including MS Outlook (current version); Microsoft Project; Microsoft Visio;
- DoD/Army approved Security applications such as McAfee Antivirus, ACAS, Credant, etc.); Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome browsers.
- Adobe Acrobat, Flash Player.
- Remote Access Tools such as Dameware and Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP); ActiveClient Desktop Validator.
- Experience preferred of VTC, VOIP, Ticket tracking system, and Office 365.
- High level of professionalism, attention to details and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work individually and within a team environment with little supervision.
- Maintain currency and high level of technical skill in the field of expertise.
Our competitive benefits package includes medical and dental coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holiday, vacation and sick leave, metro-check program, and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a chance to work with bright, highly motivated people dedicated to excellence, please apply today!
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.