If you have a sharp technical mind, enjoy computing and want to be part of a great team, then this is the place for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Handling/Setting/Configuring Windows 2008/2012/2016 Servers.
- Administration and Troubleshooting of Windows 2008/2012/2016 servers, DNS, IIS, FTP.
- High knowledge in ESX.
- High knowledge in File/Print Server.
- Expert in VMware Clustering and troubleshooting skillset.
- Bug Checking (Dump Analysis), Registry Editor, Performance Monitor and Remote access tools.
- Proficient in windows commands for OS level.
- Working knowledge in WSUS 3.0 and basic knowledge in SCCM.
- Proficient Understanding of virtualization technology.
- Experience on VMware 5.5/6.0/6.7 Environment.
- Experience in P2V, vMotion and VMware virtual center 5.5/6.0/6.7.
- Working knowledge on command line of VMware Environment.
- High understanding of HA and DRS environment.
- VMware vRealizevROPS& Automation, VMware SRM & Auto Deploy Experience
- Provide advanced level expertise on IT issues relating to ESX, Windows Servers etc.
- Different hardware knowledge to include troubleshooting and working with techs to replace.
- Good understanding of Network topology TCP/IP, Layered topology.
- Providing operational support for existing unified communications infrastructure services and users and the development and deployment of new services including Cisco Networking Hardware, Operating Systems, Active Directory, Virtualization, and Storage.
- This role will be responsible for technology stability/upgrades, patch management, critical patch updates, system configuration, and security programs.
- You will design, implement, support, monitor, and maintain a data center and other site infrastructure and services, including server and storage hardware, LAN and WAN services, telephony services, etc.
- Develop operational, installation, configuration, and upgrade documentation for communication systems, hardware, network, security, storage, software, and other computer related systems.
- Evaluate infrastructure services, equipment, and software for purchase.
- Recommend new configurations and provide training for end users.
- Make recommendations for systems development and upgrades to existing systems.
- Effectively communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Provide on-site or remote access diagnostics and resolutions of computer hardware and software problems.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Participate in major infrastructure projects.
- Adhere Security policies and practices as well as demonstrated ability to modify VMWare settings to make the server compliant. Knowledge of change management process and experience planning and executing scheduled changes.
- Apply high skill with commands, utilities and understand advanced aspects in the engineering and administration of VMware.
- Collaborate with the other server, SAN and application teams, identify operational characteristics, determining the presence of a problem, identifying possible solutions, selecting the most appropriate solution, and implementing that solution in a timely manner in accordance with Change Control Process.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures; contribute to and maintain system standards, policies, and procedures
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting, system hardware, installation, firmware patching, and VMware software patching.
- Strong hands-on experience with vSphere systems administration and support including VMotion, HA, DRS, VDS, Affinity rules, vCenter, storage migrations, and P2V migrations
- Hands-on experience with vSphere problem determination, capacity planning and root cause analysis, vSphere Thin Provisioning, Resource Pools, Host Profiles, and 3rd party plug-ins
- Strong hands-on experience with vSphere Standard and Distributed Switches
- Responsible for the health of the production server infrastructure
- Experience with vRealize Operation Manager and vCenter Server appliance.
- Strong hands-on experience with HP rack mount and HP Blade servers.
- Mentor and train junior/mid-level team members on troubleshooting, maintenance, and administration of the Enterprise ESX environment
- Develop and document SOPs
- Continuously evaluate the system for improvement opportunities and make recommendation for enhancement
- Have an in-depth understanding of how the ESX interacts with and is dependent on other core IT infrastructure and systems
- Maintain the security compliance and configuration management of the ESX system
- This position has the potential for on-call night and weekend support to the customer:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- 6-10 years’ experience of System administration and maintenance (5 + years experience on VMware Administration.)
- VMWare certification (VCP 6 or 6.5)
- Windows Server (2008-2016)
- Linux/Unix administration (is a plus)
- Extensive knowledge of VMWare and VMWare products; VMWare 6.0 through 6.7
- Good knowledge of Active Directory, GPOs, DNS and other Windows core services.
- Creating and configuring Datacenter and clusters in vCenter server.
- Expertise on Creating virtual machines, installing operating systems inside VM’s and installing tools and configure these VM’s based on customer requirements.
- Performing Snapshots, Cloning, Cold Migrations and Hot Migrations and Templates.
- Good Knowledge on Deploying and Managing Virtual Machines using Virtual center through OVF/OVA.
- Configuring Resource Pool, Alerts, Alarms.
- Experience on vMotion and sVmotion, HA feature, DRS feature.
- Creating Virtual Switches&Port groups in virtual environment.
- Configuring vSphere Standard Switches (VSS) and virtual distributed switches (VDS).
- Configuring LUNS to ESX/ESXi host data stores and extending the data stores.
- Updating and Upgrading the ESX and ESXI servers using VMware update manager.
- Convert physical machines to virtual machines (P2V) and virtual machines to virtual machines (V2V) with VMware converter.
- Configuring and troubleshooting HA and DRS features using CLI.
- Monitoring performance of server
- Installing, Configuring and troubleshooting of Active directory services and Domain naming systems in windows 2003 and 2008 environment.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Group policies for controlling computers and users.
- Installing and configuring Linux/Unix servers and Creation of Users/groups in the server.
- Configuring Job Scheduling using corn tabs in Linux/Unix Servers.
- Configuration of SAN / NAS storage for ESX Server.
- Troubleshooting hardware related issues on ESX/ESXi servers and raising cases with Vendors in case of any defective hardware found.
- Regular BAU activities such as Increasing Space, Adding additional drives etc.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and motivated IT Professional seeking personal challenges and professional rewards. NIS is a fast-growing, award-winning provider of IT solutions and services, and provides software engineering and development solutions using a variety of development tools, including host-based, web-based, and client-server applications. We offer a unique, stimulating, challenging, and fun environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance.
Our competitive benefits package includes medical and dental coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holiday, vacation and sick leave, metro-check program, and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a chance to work with bright, highly motivated people dedicated to excellence, please apply today!
Nationwide IT Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.